MuseCon Prep

I last posted the week before last, after being released from the hospital after having my gall bladder evicted. Ron went back on duty Friday morning, but I had Robin so I wasn’t too worried, as I said previously.

Robin took care of me and the dogs. I spent most of that weekend on a binge of cutting out doll kosode, then doing all the machine sewing on them, then starting on the hand-sewing. IIRC I cut out 22, which is 11 coordinating sets. That’s a lot of doll clothes. OTOH, cutting out and sewing primarily involved sitting on by backside on the couch with a table in front of me to work on. And not, it seems, having to think too much, since I never got around to starting on MuseCon signage, which would have required more application of thinky bits.

I also stayed home Monday and Tuesday of last week, and went to work Wednesday through Friday. In hindsight, I should have just stayed home all week.

This immediately-past weekend I mostly did MuseCon prep. Saturday morning Robin and I went to the lockup to fetch home the coolers, bus bins, etc. we loan to Con Suite; gridwall hardware and shelves for the Salon; and and the bin of lace-knitting patters, alpaca yarn, and knitting needles for me to try to sell in the Emporium. After a stop at the grocery store on the way home, we went spelunking in the trailer for leatherworking kits, tools, and hardware to put up for sale. Robin did the work, I poked through Max, the Grinch, and Thing 1 and Thing 2 and decided what Robin was to schlep.

Then I proceeded inside to work on MuseCon signage. While I was sorting through images, Robin brought the pile of stuff that had landed in the kitchen for MuseCon to a slightly less chaotic pile of stuff in front of the back door. And I worked on bringing some more order to the pile later in the day. And around dinner time, a bowl of stir-fry appeared by my side while I was working on signage! Neat!

Yesterday I did more work on signage, plus more attempts at bringing order to the merchandise I’ll have for sale. Since I lost, essentially, two weeks to my gall bladder, getting ready for MuseCon is a rather daunting task. The stringy stuff had been removed from the Point of Sale (PoS) application inventory, and I have a pile of other merchandise – hardware, books I’ve bound, and doll clothes – that need tags and entering into the PoS app. In the past, I figured costs and prices, and typed descriptions or dictated them to Ron, who entered the data into spreadsheets, and then did some kind of voodoo to get it into the PoS app, and some other voodoo to print stickers to put on price tags.

Unfortunately, Ron won’t be home until Friday evening. When I was talking to Ron on the phone, he confirmed my suspicion that trying to talk me through both kinds of voodoo was probably going to be a lot more frustrating and less efficient than just typing the inventory into the PoS app and hand-writing tags, if not entirely unsuccessful.

Fortunately, the stringy bits are already tagged, so the main job there was data-entry. So far I’ve gotten the stringy bits and books entered, books tagged, and have made progress on number-crunching on the hardware. I’ve also been getting things packed up better. And tonight, while looking for the blank tags, I found the conchos and concho display, and extracted them, and the tags, from the dining room.

Fortunately, I realized today that I’m taking Thursday off, in addition to Friday and next Monday. Which gives me some more time to get things done. Or flail. Whatever.